09 March 2007

Blog-achella '07 - Circa Survive (Fri.) / Jarvis Cocker (Fri.)

A bit challenging writing up the ol' blog today. I somehow managed to lose my eyeglasses this weekend. I suspect foul play by a restaurant I will not name at this time, or by whomever sat at the table after I left - whatever, hope you enjoy your new $700 ant fryers, cuz that's all you're going to be able to do with 'em. Them things is strong! So now I'm wearing an old set of glasses with an old prescription that is making me want to alternately fall down or throw up. Good times. But the blog must go on...

Circa Survive





Who they are: A Philly band I've never heard of made up of guys who used to be in other bands I've never heard of.

What they sound like: Kinda loud and a bit proggy and mostly pointless. Oh, and the dude's high voice scares me.

Circa Survive - The Great Golden Baby



What I think: There is a note on their website reading "...we are playing this years coachella music festival and can barely believe it..." Me neither. Zang!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jarvis Cocker





Who he is: The singer from the band Pulp. Now, for some reason, despite being a bit of a Brit-Rock afficianado, I completely missed Pulp. I wouldn't know a Pulp song if it poked me in the taint with a stick. But apparently, they're a big deal, and Jarvis Cocker solo a similarly big deal. Or is he just a big deal because he's a bit of a scallywag?

What he sounds like: What did Pulp sound like? Like this? Seems like pretty straightforward stuff to me, but I have no idea what the rest of his music might sound like, nor can I be arsed to investigate further.

Jarvis Cocker - Fat Children



What I think: Gotta give this a hearty and raucous "meh". But am I missing something here? Lemme know.

TTFN

No comments: