19 March 2007

Blog-achella '07 - The Noisettes (Fri.) / Of Montreal (Fri.)

If you came here looking for wisdom and knowledge, um, today is not your day :P

The Noisettes





Who they are: A British 3-piece. Apparently the singer does the same hang upside down treatment as Rosie O'Donnell. Oh jeez, did I just mention Rosie in my blog?!?! It'll take forever to get the taint out now!!

What they sound like: Kinda all over the place rock... this song alone has about 15 different sections. Of course, it's the only song of theirs I've ever heard. The rest of 'em could all be polka tunes for all I know...

The Noisettes - Mind The Gap
The Noisettes



What I think: Actually kind of like this, and that probably has almost everything to do with the girl vocals. Quality girl vocals will get Tone to forgive a lot in music. That's how sucky Deerhoof is, for example... they have girl vocals and I still hate 'em! Deerhoof shall never escape my wrath.

-----------------------------------

Of Montreal





Who they are: An Athens, GA band that is actually more or less one guy in the studio, but then he enlists his cohorts to go out and play live with him, because he finds out that he's not as cool as he thought and can't play all the instruments at the same time. Oh, NOW you ask for help, Mr. I-can-do-it-all-myself? Screw you, buddy!

What they sound like: Now, I thought, from what I'd heard, that this would be a lot weirder than the song posted here. But then again, for all I know...

Of Montreal - Suffer For Fashion
Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?



What I think: Meh. But am I missing the plot? Help a brotha out!

See, told ya. Maybe I'll be of more use tomorrow :P

No comments: