22 March 2007

Blog-achella '07 - Pharoahe Monch (Sat.) / Placebo (Sun.)

Man, just a few days off and I can't even recall what day it is today... Wednesday? Thursday? Boxing Day? Vacation rules!

Pharoahe Monch





Who he is: A very well thought of underground MC from Queens, NYC. Very well thought of he says... how bourgeois sounding... "Yes, we think quite highly of Mr. Monch. He is a man of superb character and rich talent...". I totally spelled "bourgeois" right the first time, btw... Anyhoo, serious rap heads would also remember that he was part of the group Organized Konfuzion a few years back as well.

What he sounds like: Hmm... kind of like Roots Manuva without the British accent... or is that just me?

Pharoahe Monch - Let's Go
Pharoahe Monch



What I think: He's okay. Lotta love from other bloggers, putting him up there in "legendary" status, but I would quite go that far. But then again, I am a quite surly old curmudgeon...

--------------------------------

Placebo





Who they are: Another Brit Rock group that slipped through my radar, along with Pulp.

What they sound like: Another Brit Rock group, with kinda high nasally male vocals.

Placebo - Meds
Placebo featuring Alison Mosshart - Meds



What I think: They're okay. This song does have a quite undeniable, humorous-yet-not hook, don't it? Alot of folks are incredibly psyched about them playing at Coachella, but I wouldnt' go quite that far. But then again, I am a quite surly old curmudgeon...

And there you have it.

No comments: