10 April 2007

Blog-achella '07 - Amy Winehouse (Fri.) / Yeva (Sat.) / The Chuck Dukowski Sextet (Sat.)

You know, I got a bug up my butt. I don't wanna wait for tomorrow... let's finish this today. So now, without further ado, the final 3 acts of Blog-achella '07 (barring any last minute additions)!

Amy Winehouse





Who she is: How is it that some British, Jewish gal becomes the most bad-ass R&B singer to come down the pipe in years? Plus, she's an unrepentant drunk! What's not to love?

What she sounds like: The music... so retro. The lyrics... so now!

Amy Winehouse - Addicted
Amy Winehouse - Back to Black



What I think: Amy Winehouse rules!

---------------------

Yeva





Who they are: All I can tell is that they're from Puerto Rico, and that one dude is reeeeeeeallly old.

What they sound like: Seems to be some kinda Rock En Espanol deal... but I can't find a song of theirs anywhere. You can listen on their Myspace up there though.

What I think: Yick. As much as I love almost all Latin music, Rock En Espanol doesn't do it for me. And no, I don't count Kinky as rock. Kinky is awesome.

-------------------------

The Chuck Dukowski Sextet





Who they are: One of the scariest looking groups of people I've ever seen. Chuck was the bassist for legendary punk group Black Flag.

What they sound like: Sloppy psychedelic rock with some surf and punk influences. Or to some it up in one word... crap. So here's an old Black Flag song instead.

Black Flag - You Bet We've Got A Problem With You
The Chuck Dukowski Sextet



What I think: So this is the only add they've made since the original announcement. Alas, we shall refer to 2007 as the year Coachella stopped trying... sigh.

---------------------

And so, there you have it! I hope this little guide helps y'all to maximize your Coachella experience to the point of supreme awesomeness. I'll go through the daily line-ups and make recommendations when the set times come out, and tomorrow this blog will resume it's true direction, delving into my 37,000 song iTunes library and sharing my favorite music with ya. Until then, here's a little bonus track...

Amy Winehouse - Rehab (Hot Chip Remix)



See you tomorrow. Blog-achella '07... over and out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You only have 37,000 songs in your itunes? I thought you were a music aficionado.

Anonymous said...

Tony! THANK YOU SO MUCH for another awesome year of the coachella blog. I look forward to this tradition every year- it always brightens the work day and is the best ramp up to the festivities!
Don't let those daft indie babies throw you off! You gotta keep representin' the electro-hip-hop-rockin' AARP-set! haha!
You rock dude!
Looking forward to the rest of the blogs....keep 'em coming!
xoxoxoxo