21 February 2008

Disco doesn't (always) suck

No, really, I'm serious! Bear with me, here...



Yeah, a large majority of Disco does in fact suck large hairy coconuts, but much like how even a shitty movie can have a couple of good scenes (most likely involving young, supple breasts), it's not all bad. And there are a couple of major sources of this knowledge. One would be TJ Gorton's awesome blog American Athlete and the other would be any disco compilation mixed by Monsieur Dimitri From Paris. Pretty much for me it comes down to the strings. I hate the cheesy disco strings just as much as you do. But you take those strings out, what do you have? Stuff that sounds kinda like House! And we like house! So here's a no-strings-having Latin disco-funk jammy from Dimitri's Disco Forever compilation, courtesy of The LTG Exchange, who I can't find squat about...

The LTG Exchange - Corazon (ysi)




See? It's okay to admit that you sorta kinda like some certain disco songs. No one's gonna hate you for it... I promise!

1 comment:

Pat Les Stache said...

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad that I can turn you on to some disco. Mission accomplished!

BTW - 'Corazon' is amazing track. If you like this, I would recommend checking out LTG Exchange's 'Waterbed'

BTW Part 2 - I also love House music, some people actually don't realize that. Disco tracks make for great sampling, especially when your writing a new house track!