07 November 2007

Why not be trendy for a change?

For the most part I like the musical selections in this blog to be stuff you can't find on the other blogs, and I know I'm not the only person posting on this record... but damn if this isn't really catching my ear right now...



... or more like taking over my brain. The mystery man known as Burial has just released his second album, Untrue, and it's a corker. You can read all about it in this fine interview, but I'll just say this. You know some next-level shit when you hear it, and this is some next level shit. I'm not saying that there isn't a lot of fantastic music being made these days because there most certainly is in abundance... but my pants always feel a little bit extra funny when something comes out that sounds unequivocally new... or, to say that less pretentiously, I kinda dig this Dubstep stuff the kids are listening to these days...

Burial - Archangel (ysi)




... kinda like "garridge" being mugged in a dark alley with a broken whisky bottle, no? It creeps me out a bit, and I'm pretty sure that's why I like it. I'm kinda weird like that sometimes...

No comments: