05 November 2008

Yes we can!

Well how 'bout them apples? President Obama! Now, I could go on in on with my thoughts about last night's events but so many have already said it better. I'll just say this. It's awesome. It's awesome on about a million different levels. And if you don't think it's awesome, to be as eloquent as I can about it... you can eat a bag of dicks. It's that simple. There's no need for me to try to convince you of the error of your ways anymore. Just pick up that bag of dicks and start eatin'. Finally America has elected a President that's a true example of exactly who we are. We certainly are not the people who've been in charge of this country for the last 8 years. Nope, we're not that stupid, that greedy, that prejudiced, that callous. We are black & white and shades in between. We are hard working, fair playing, forward thinking and concerned for those less fortunate than ourselves. We finally got our guy in there... and I think he's gonna do a heck of a job. But what do I know? I'm just a potty-mouthed music blogger... so...



I first thought I'd do some sort of special selection for Obama, but I kinda already did that yesterday and I'm pretty sure every other blogger on the Interwebs has that covered, so back to the random selection and a track from Everything But The Girl's volume of the excellent Back To Mine series of compilations... the conceit being that these would be the songs the compilers played for you back at the house after a night of clubbing and right before they slipped you some roofies and had their way with you. Okay, maybe not the second part. But either way, they're all worth checking out because they contain tons of Downtempo gems like this one from Nottingham's Deadbeats...

Deadbeats - Funky For You (Spacehopper Mix) (ysi)







That's a staple in the ol' rotation right there, as this video is going to be a staple... in history classes, yo!



PS - I'd also like to say a big "fuck you" to the people of California for passing Prop. 8... way to take a dump on innocent folks' happiness, douchebags. I'm pissed and I'm not even gay! No, really, I'm not. I hate musicals, I have unkempt facial hair and I've never even set foot in a Z Gallerie... I swear :P

1 comment:

aMnesiac.sg said...

I voted against Prop 8 like so many others and we're pissed too. Yesterday was such a momentous occasion it's sad that people aren't ready to accept same sex marriage.