20 January 2009

Time to come together

Hey there, sorry I missed ya yesterday... I was, um... giving a talk on the Israel-Gaza conflict at the U.N. Yep, that's what I was doing. But I'm back today, on this cool-ass day, as my man Mr. Obama becomes President Obama. And that, to be as eloquent as I can about it, is pretty fuckin' cool. Let's just all hope this guy is allowed to do what we all believe he has the power to do... a.k.a. fix this shit up. It's not gonna be easy, but if we all help out in the little ways we can maybe it could really happen...



... which leads me to my painfully on-the-nose Inauguration Day music selection, by the ever-infuriating Primal Scream. Infuriating because very few bands can go from so good (like on this all-time classic album) to so shitty (on those albums they decide they want to sound like a low-rent Rolling Stones) from album to album. They were great the time I saw them live at Coachella though, for what that's worth. So without further ado...

Primal Scream - Come Together (ysi)







On. The. Freaking. Nose is how I roll. Everybody party today... the hard work starts tomorrow. Peace.

No comments: