23 February 2011

Blog-achella Goes To '11: Sproing Sproing Sproing!

Moving along at a snail's pace, we are...

Omar Rodriguez-Lopez is one of the dudes with the big hair from that band with the dudes with big hair. Never liked 'em much although Mrs. Tonegent thinks they're hot. But then she thinks I'm hot, too, which really puts her taste into question...

Now the namesake singer of Marina & The Diamonds is someone I would say is hot. But that's about where the praise ends, because the retro '80s sound ain't doin' it for me so much...

Really, I have the same problem with Kele as a solo artist that I do with his band Bloc Party... dude can't sing good. Diggin' some of his beats, though... check it out on the Facebook page and tell me what you think...

And The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart are just about as good as you might imagine a band that calls themselves The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart would be... a.k.a. not very... which brings us to the always exciting (and excited)...

!!!



Who they are: A band whose members come from bands such as The Yah Mos, Black Liquorice and Popesmashers. And if you don't know those names, you don't know Sacramento, bee-yatch!

What they sound like: !!! (which I like to pronounce Sproing Sproing Sproing) were one of the original members of the whole Dance Punk revival from a few years back, coming up along with LCD, Interpol (p.s. fuck Interpol), The Rapture and about a million other bands. But they were always a little more funky and a little less punky...

!!! - The Most Certain Sure (ysi)






What I think: ... and aside from the genius of Mr. Murphy, they were always the ones I liked the most. That's probably why they're still around. Here's an older live clip. I had to take it because these guys are a bitch to search for. Most engines/sites won't even accept "!!!" as a search term. Stupid Internets...



I know I'll get in at least one more this week... sigh...

No comments: