09 June 2011

Band Geeks for Beat Freaks

And now, the funkiest group of high school band geeks in history...



I was in the Stage Band when I was in high school. Played bass clarinet. Yep. Sexay. It's been so long that I have trouble remembering any of the tunes we played. A Barry Manilow medley comes to mind. "Copacabana" was the big finish, I think... anyhoo, the band at good ol' Heuvelton Central School had nothing on the Kashmere Stage Band, mostly due to the fact that we were approximately 150% white... why the fuck you think we were rocking Barry Manilow medleys?

Kashmere Stage Band - Zero Point (Pts. 1 & 2) (ysi)






So it turned out to be pretty fitting that this popped up in the shuffle today, as it turns out that very, very soon a documetary about these guys called Thunder Soul is about to be released, thanks to none other than Jamie Foxx. Nice work, dude. I might even forgive you for your own stupid music for this one...



Know that I will be seeing the SHIT outta that one and you should, too. Take it sleazy...

No comments: