16 August 2011

Motion in the Ocean

We gots a good one today...



I am very impressed with this record by Submotion Orchestra out of Leeds, UK. It's the perfect update of the sound Morcheeba, Zero 7 and all those other cats were turning not long ago updated with the influence of, of all things, Dubstep(!). I'd been finding myself wondering not long ago if people were just done making that kind of stuff or if it had just run it's course... well here's your answer. Dig how this goes from a Broken Beat vibe into a heavy Dub/Dubstep thing at the end, all the while keeping the atmosphere chilly-chill and all tied together with the vocal. I'm so impressed I haven't even made a dick joke in this post yet and that, my friends, is saying something...

Submotion Orchestra - Secrets (ysi)






And how about a 20+ minute live mini-set video of some kind? Don't mind if I do...



Yes indeed, we have a new fave 'round here. Welcome, Submotion Orchestra, to the Tonegents, um... Circle? Group?... of Bands We Like... Alot. Or something. Don't really have an official name for it. So... just welcome, I guess...

No comments: