08 December 2011

Not terribly ambidexterous...

So it's been pretty hard getting blog posts done the last couple of weeks... since I squashed the middle finger of my left hand in my car door like a damn idiot. Now, don't call off work or anything... I'm okay. But it's been pretty wild seeing just how hard it is getting by on just one hand. You don't even realize what you do with a certain hand until you can't, ya dig? What I'm trying to get at, and what I only share here because I know no one reads this is this... the horrifying discovery that I cannot, for the life of me, properly wipe my ass with my right hand. I mean, normally I am a tidy, efficient wiper... but trying to do it with my right hand, you'd think I'd just been potty trained or perhaps even had a touch of the palsy. Especially shocking since I'M FREAKING RIGHT HANDED. Paradigm shifted...



Not that any of that has anything to do with today's song. It's by Dub Syndicate, one of the many projects of famed Dub practitioner Adrian Sherwood... this one came out when I was in college and I fell quite in love with it for the Jim Morrison samples, which is the kind of thing that white college kids do...

Dub Syndicate - Stoned Immaculate (ysi)






Okay, I'm gonna be late for wiping practice. Toodles...

No comments: