08 July 2007

Weekly theme week begins!

Okay, so... I'm out on my bike ride today and I'm thinkin', "Hmmm... the letting the shuffle of my iTunes pick the day's song is kinda cool and all, but I'm getting a little bit over it... maybe I should come up with a theme for the week or something, just to mix it up." And then, apparently, my next thought was "Hmmm... what's the gayest idea I can come up with for a theme?" And well, you'll figure it out, I'm sure...



Weekender, were (are? dunno, they have no active website...) a Manchester producing crew, who with "Kneel Before Zod" put out maybe the most perfect Deep House artist album that has ever been produced (the 2 other top candidates I can think of would be Inland Knights' "Creative Spaces" and the Street Corner Symphony record... which I promise I'll hook you up with some lovin' from soon). I mean, this thing is just so funky yet lush with the production that it's hard to imagine how some pasty buncha chain smoking blokes could even birth it in their litttle lager-addled brains... but they did, and who cares how?! Just say "Thank you, kind sirs!" Here's the opener from the record, an incredible tune, and it just keeps going from there... and I'm pretty sure the theme for this week will become quite apparent...

Weekender - Sunday Session




Ha, told ya about the theme... GAY! But don't worry, I promise not to be painfully obvious with my track selections. As a matter of fact, I have a very nice week of music lined up for ya... come on, ya must know ya can trust me by now ;)

But you know I'll rock the YouTubes on this one...



And don't forget to vote for Zod in 2008! It's time for a change!

No comments: