01 August 2007

Let's get cute

Seems to me that Blogger was being all weird yesterday... I'm not sure that the Tuesday post came up properly, so I reposted this morning. It's about Aphex Twin, so scroll down and read that one too if you missed it...



But today's band is far more cute and cuddly than ol' Dick James. They are called Psapp, they are a boy-girl group from the UK and as their website says, they make "little songs with noises poking out". Strangely enough, that's a pretty good description of their sound. Psapp songs are full of boings and squeaks and honks... they like to use toy instruments along with their acoustics and electronics. It would all border on being unsufferably twee if it wasn't so damn catchy and subtly funky. I mean, I first heard them via Gilles Peterson, so there you have it. This song is probably one of their most straightforward, but still has a solid quirky factor...

Psapp - Eating Spiders




Now Wikipedia tells me that the show Grey's Anatomy uses Psapp for their theme song, which still doesn't make me want to watch that piece of crap, but it's nice to know that these good folks are making a little dough.

And since I'm a sucker for cool animated videos, here's "About Fun"...



I figured I owed you some cuteness after "Windowlicker"... :P

No comments: