10 October 2007

I will ruin you with a slanderous mambo!

First off, the new Radiohead is fucking amazing. They are just better at music than everybody else. So deal with it.

But I'm not gonna give that to you today, like, oh... every other blog in the known universe. But I will give you a song by someone I'm pretty sure has opened for them a few times...



... or maybe not. I'll have to verify that. Now, I'll give you that sometimes, Tito Puente's music can veer dangerously close to Ricky Ricardo territory...



Lucy! Chew gotta lotta 'splainin' to do!


... especially his excursions into Bossa Nova... not so great... But! Sometimes Tito just plain brings it with nothing but fierce percussion and blazing horn charts, and those are two things I know we can all get behind. Kinda like so...

Tito Puente - Dance of the Headhunters




Plus the guy did a cameo on The Simpsons, and that always scores you mucho bonus points in my book...





Okay, now back to that Radiohead...

No comments: