06 October 2009

Obscure name droppin'

I may be a loser, but a least I know some cool people...



Woolfy is the band of my pal Simon James, a Scottish cat whose family runs the coolest pub in Canoga Park. But they don't just play there (although I'm sure they have). Their record got picked up by DFA and last time I ran into him he was about to embark on a European tour playing with The Juan McLean. So yeah, it's working out pretty well for ol' Simon, I must say. This is probably because it's really good shit... on that Cosmic/Balearic tip halfway between House and Rock. Some of them have vocals, but this one doesn't...

Woolfy - Loa The Disco (ysi)







Simon also has a project called Projections, more electronica-based, that put out a really fine record on Guidance a few years back. PLUS, there's the Woolfy vs. Projections record, in which his two personalities fight it out. Anyhoo, here's some video from that tour I was telling you about...



Looks like fun, touring... who wants me to come DJ in their city?!

...

...

(crickets)

No comments: