01 February 2010

Blog-achella X: Do NOT get me started...

Seriously, don't even get me started on the Grammys, people. Just don't. Because I could go all fucking day. I mean, for fucks's sake, could you at least give the fucking "Album of the Year" award to someone who can, I dunno, FUCKING SING?!?!?! I mean, just a suggestion, eh? Somethin' to chew on... And Beyonce trying to do Alanis? She couldn't even bring herself to even MOUTH the bad word in the song, which kind of ruins whatever fucking point she was trying to make about how edgy she is... or something. I dunno... as soon as that part started I had to rush to the other room to get something to sop up the blood pouring out of my ears. Also, fuck you, Jamie Foxx. Fuck you right in the autotune. Oh, and Lady Gaga winning "Best Electron-- GAAAAAAAAHANEURYSM!

(Breathing. Breathing)

See what just happened there? I can't help myself. If that display of rancid, fetid ass droppings is the best of the current state of Pop music, we're all doomed.

Luckily... it's not. And anyone who knows anything knows that the Grammys are utterly fucking worthless. Because there's so much good music out there it hurts... it's just not in the iPods of 12-year-old girls or Grammy voters. But it is in mine and yours... and that's the whole point of this little inter-page, innit? Ah, back to the happy place...

That said, Benny Benassi kinda sucks. Posted on him last time he played the 'Chella, and it's a post worth checking out again because there's a video with boobies in it... which brings us to...

Echo & The Bunnymen



Who they are: They're from the '80s, kids.

What they sound like: Now, I see that they have a new album out, and for all I know it's fantastic, amazing and awesome... but why would I be arsed to look into that? Nostalgia, time, bitches!

Echo & The Bunnymen - Bedbugs & Ballyhoo (ysi)






What I think: Hey, at least I didn't post "Lips Like Sugar", but believe you me I WAS THISDAMNCLOSE!

Ah, fuck it...



So that's what they look like now. I have no idea if anyone other than Ian McCulloch was actually in the band back then, and once again can't be arsed to find out. Sorry... I get this way every year at Grammy time. It just makes me hostile. And oh shit, I forgot about Green Day! Remember when they were a Rock band? Whatever dignity they had went right into In-Sink-Erator along with their manparts last night. Oh vey... I gotta go...

2 comments:

SteveA said...

This was one of the worst Grammy's ever - it was poppy and really had no honor for the real musicians and experimenters out there!
I had ticks to see Echo in New York in Nov and they cancelled. I'm a huge fan of the band - I don't think I've ever heard a bad song from there!

Tonegent said...

Sweet, I'm not the only one who hated that crap. Thanks for stoppin' by! :)