26 February 2010

Blog-achella X: Reunited And It Feels So Good

Kind of fun moment today at work... got to talk Olympics for a second with Bruce Jenner, which is pretty fucking cool when you think about it... we did NOT however talk plastic surgery.

In other Olympic news, I covered The Dead Weather as much as I'm gonna here, so go read that and whatnot...

Next up, David Guetta and his cheesy Eurohouse with American R&B star dressing. I will pass, as seeing him mime behind the decks while Akon sang on some New Year's Eve show a couple months ago would have been hilarious had it not been so pathetic...

Continuing on the Brooklynchella tip are MGMT, who I quite like and recommend... but there's really nothing new out there from them to post, so just go see 'em...

Speaking of wankers, Tiesto!

Which brings us to...

Faith No More



Who they are: I don't believe they are actually legally allowed to have Coachella without three dudes... Perry Farrell, Josh Homme and the ubiquitous Mr. Mike Patton. Without looking I can remember him being there with Peeping Tom, Fantomas, Rahzel and who could forget when he sat in with Sigur Ros and they did that Slayer cover. Fucking metal, man.

What they sound like:
Are Faith No More a really funky Metal band or a really (fucking) Metal Funk band? Discuss...

Faith No More - Midlife Crisis (ysi)






What I think: I'm not nearly the Patton devotee that some of my friends are. Seriously, get a room. BUT I'd be lying if I didn't say that this looks kinda awesome...



That whole show is on the YouTubes, I highly recommend it. Made a believer outta me, anyhoo. Have a great weekend, foolz...

No comments: