21 April 2010

He will Krush you like a bug!

Sometimes things I write here make me think about other things, so then I have to write some things about those other things that the first thing made me think about. To wit...



So just last week in my Fat Jon post I compared the Ample Soul Physician to the great Japanese producer DJ Krush and then realized, "What the fa-heck, I've never done a post on DJ Krush!" That's a traveshamockery! Because Mr. Hideaki Ishi is one of the all-time greats of the Downtempo pantheon. Also, and I did not know this until today, he was gangsta as fuck. Sayeth Wikipedia...

"Ishi dropped out of school at an early age and joined a local gang, and a few years later, the yakuza. Early into his career as a yakuza underling, Ishi discovered a severed finger wrapped in paper on his desk. Later, after discovering that it had belonged to his best friend, he decided to leave the yakuza and cut ties with the criminal underworld."

That's right, DJ Krush was fucking yakuza. Suck on that, Fitty. Those motherfuckers will fuck you up quick two times. And then go drink some sake. But luckily Mr. Krush discovered Hip-Hop and the rest, as they say, is hisutori. Here he teams up with the mighty CL Smooth on one of my favorite Rap tracks of all time. I would totally have sex with this beat...

DJ Krush - Only The Strong Survive (ft. CL Smooth) (ysi)






Krush can also rock it more experimental. Watch here as he does some bad, bad things to several pieces of gear simultaneously...



Meiso is a great place to start, but this is one artist that gets the "buy on sight" designation. So, you know... do that.

No comments: