20 July 2010

Someone just doesn't get it...

I gotta say, I'm a bit irked this morning. In this blogging game, it's not such a big deal to have "someone" ask you to take a post down, but for the first time ever (in almost 900 posts) it was actually the artist who contacted me to do so. I'm used to the record companies not getting it, but this is a new one. As a matter of fact, I've had several artists whom I've blogged thank me for it (which I thought was pretty darn cool). They realize that free publicity for your project is a GOOD THING! That people may actually enjoy and want to buy your music IF ONLY THERE WAS A PLACE THEY COULD BE TURNED ONTO IT! But hey, I'm sure the Simonsound record will sell several million copies without my help (or yours...) so good luck with that, buddy.

/rant

Anyhoo, let's see if this guy appreciates me...



And the guy in question is Mr. Michel Baumann, aka Soulphiction. And his new record on the unfuckwiddable Sonar Kollektiv label is a thick, murky stew of funky flavors. How's that for writing?!?!

Soulphiction - Deranged (ysi)






Okay, the ball's in your court Mr. Phiction... tell me you love me or face a similar catty reply!

No comments: