03 August 2010

Put some jerk on the barbie

Now that it's August and hot as fuck (well, it's not at my house... I live at the beach. If the marine layer had a dick, I would glady suck it... I am that gay for moderate temperatures and cooling breezes.), thoughts turn to barbecue music, which for me always includes some Jah...



... therefore, here's some smooth roots Reggae from The Travellers, who were what they call a "harmony group", which isn't that difficult to understand. They sing harmonies and shit. Like the '60s Soul groups. I love the idea of a Reggae harmony group, though. I can see it now. Dude in front and three in back. All wearing the matching suits but with three-foot dreads. And their mic stands are all shaped like giant bongs. That's what they looked like, right? Because that's what they should have looked like... and if they didn't, I don't wanna know about it...

The Travellers - Know Yourself (ysi)






And that's pretty much all I have to say about that...

No comments: