25 March 2011

Blog-achella Goes To '11: And I Didn't Even Use A Shitty "Elbow" Pun In The Post Title

What are they doin' putting two good acts in a row on the poster... don't they know I'm behind here? The fuck? But you know... if you scoff at the sometimes sporadic nature of posting around here, you should go check out 365 Days of Music where my friend The Marsupervisor has amazingly met the challenge of never missing a day for a whole freaking year. Kudos, girl! (But you know, you're makin' me look bad... :P )

Elbow



Who they are: One of the great Brit Rock bands of the last decade or so, even if they haven't gotten the love over here in 'Muricah. Because 'Muricahns would rather listen to Daughtry and Kid Rock! 'MURICAH! FUCK YEAH! God, people in this country listen to shit music...

What they sound like: The brand new record, Build A Rocket, Boys! is probably the quietest, most introspective thing Elbow's done yet, and this is a band that can get it's anthem on, as you'll see in the video. But less bombast often = more purdy...

(DMCA'd. Eat a bag of dicks, Polydor. No wonder Radiohead left your weak ass.)

What I think: I think Elbow should play a gig at The Funny Bone... GET IT? KNEE SLAPPER!

(furiously slaps knee)

Actually, I think Elbow blows the doors off pretty much any band in bigger print on Saturday's lineup, especially Arcade Fire. And you know what? I'm right...



Is there any kind of good article somewhere about the flags at Glastonbury? I mean, I sorta get it but I'm quite intrigued. Anyone help a brother out?

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Awwwe thanks Tone! You're my favorite :)

Marcy said...

Awwwe thanks Tone! You're my favorite :)