06 March 2011

Blog-achella Goes To '11: Sunday Post?

Oh shit, Sunday post! SUNDAY POST!

We'll start with Caifanes, who are apparently a Rock En Espanol band that is reuniting after 15 years away... which I'm sure is a big deal for someone...

The Chemical Brothers are, of course, awesome and amazing and easily the best act playing on all of Friday. It's no contest. But I just did a rather epic post on them not long ago. Go read that one...

And as always, Fuck Interpol. That's like Rule #1 around here...

Which brings us to my last recommended act for Friday...

The Black Keys



Who they are: Probably the best musical duo ever to come out of Akron, Ohio. Possibly the only musical duo to ever come out of Akron, Ohio...

What they sound like: These guys really do something that so few Rock bands do these days. They put the dirty sexy in it. Which is odd to say because, as you can see, these guys are not so sexy. But dig it...

The Black Keys - Sinister Kid (ysi)






What I think: These guys have gone from a band I was pretty "whatever" about to maybe tops on my list of current American Rock bands. Notice I said "American". I gots a Brit Rock bias. Hate me. Anyhoo, time for the live style...



Which leaves us with the headliner, Kings Of Leon. What a "meh" headliner. I'll be at The Chemical Brothers.

And there, finally, is your Friday. What are the chances I get all the way through Saturday and Sunday in time? Good question...

No comments: