31 January 2012

Blog-achella-geddon 2012!: This blog is on fire with passionate love.

Today it's time for a '90s flashback... and the fact that you can now actually HAVE a '90s flashback means I am fucking old...

I'm gonna start out with some good comedy here... ready? Yuck is a band that actually lives up to it's name. HEY-YOOOOOOOOOOO! I'll be here all night. Tip your waitresses, they're workin' hard, people!

Datsik is the reason people hate Bro-step, personified. If I said earlier that some of the Dubstep sounds like it was made on iPhone apps, this sounds like it was made on a Casio "My First Wobble" keyboard. The fact that this got the dude a Coachella spot is fucking sad...

The man with the big "A", French fidget-house first generation man SebastiAn, is once more a dude I'm on the bubble about. After listening to his new-ish album I can say that I like about exactly half of it. Hmmm. I'll throw something I like (the fun video for the single "Embody") up on the Facebook page for ya...

And this guy Alesso makes old-fashioned big room Prog House... a throwback to the days when Sasha VanOkenWeed walked the Earth. So I'll pass and move on to something much more recent and cools-ier...

... or not...

James



Who they are: They're a Madchester band, but not quite baggy, man...

What they sound like: If you can decipher the sentence above, I've already told you.

James - Seven (ysi)






What I think: This is a pretty fun reunion for the bill. Now if they could just get The Soup Dragons back together... Anyhoo, James is most famous for their huge hit "Laid" but I always liked the Seven album better. Here's the record opener as performed by the newer, balder version of the band you will see in the desert...



Big fan of Trumpet Guy, by the way. Every band should have one...

No comments: