14 February 2012

Blog-achella-geddon 2012!: Eyes down

Hey everyone, it's Valentine's Day... LOVE ME, DAMMIT!

M83



Who he is: Mr. Anthony Gonzalez up there... another Frenchy. He's got friends to help him play live, though...

What he sounds like: You like big epic synth pads that go on for days? You'll love this guy. He's added more vocals as of late... his own, no less... and still managed to not suck. That may seem snarky, but sometimes it's better when producers don't dream of being singers. I'm looking at you Moby...

M83- OK Pal (ysi)






What I think: You might not think that something this shoegaze-y would be my cup of tea, but hey... we all gotta brood sometime. You know you used to be down with Ride and Slowdive, so don't front. Besides, I randomly saw him live a few years ago at Coachella before I had really heard any of his music and quite liked him. So there...



And it just gets mopier tomorrow...

No comments: