28 February 2012

Blog-achella-geddon 2012! Jacques Of All Trades

No time for a pithy opening remark today, so...

I'm gonna skip We Were Promised Jetpacks today although I do sympathize with the name. I'd like to know where the fuck my flying car is, too. IT'S 2012! WHY AM I STILL ON THE FUCKING GROUND?!?!?

Anyhoo...

Jacques Lu Cont



Who he is: He is actually Mr. Stuart Price, a Brit who for some reason wants to pretend he is French. Maybe it's to explain how bad he smells. He also goes by Les Rhythmes Digitales, the Thin White Duke (for remixing) and about 10 other aliases. He's probably most famous for his collaborations with Madonna (i.e. Confessions On A Dancefloor). We shall call him Stu-Jacques.

What he sounds like: Whatever you wanna call him, Stu-Jacques has been a dependable source of funky House for over a decade. And while he mostly does his thang as a much-in-demand remixer these days (for big Pop acts like The Killers, Seal, Gwen Stefani... you get the idea), I'm gonna take you in the way-back machine for a stone cold classic...

Les Rhythmes Digitales - Jacques Your Body (ysi)






What I think: I'd have to imagine this would be a DJ set... and probably one of the better ones of the weekend. But nonetheless, I offer you this. Make of it what you will...



I must say, if that really is a live tune, ol' Stu-Jacques is a heck of a bass player. Anyone know for sure?

No comments: