19 February 2008

Blog-achella 08: Oompa Loompa mosh pit!

People have been saying that this year's Coachella lineup is certainly a bit odd, but I think I've figured out what the deal is... I've figured out the exact demographic they are catering to...

Battles



Who they are: A New York band.

What they sound like: I've seen the term "math rock" used. That term is gay. That term does not come close to properly describing this music. This music is Heavy Metal for Oompa Loompas. I dare you to listen to it and not see that...

Battles - Atlas (ysi)




What I think: Man, that's feckin' awful, innit? But certainly the Oompa Loompa dance party at Dan Deacon will make it's way over to these guys for some headbanging... yep, these guys are all over this shit...



"We've found a suitable whore! Let the triple penetration commence!"


I just calls 'em as I sees 'em, folks...

No comments: