21 February 2008

Blog-achella 08: Spare some change?

Prepare your bong load, here's another act for the Jack Johnson fans...

Slightly Stoopid



Who they are: A buncha lunkheads from San Diego, like you couldn't a guessed that. They're into, like, surfin' and beer and partyin', wooo!

What they sound like: If I may steal a concept from Bill Simmons, you've all heard of the phrase "so-n-so is like a poor man's so-n-so". Well he takes that one step farther, to the sub-"poor man's" level, aka the "homeless man's" level, therefore... Slightly Stoopid is like a homeless man's Sublime.

Slightly Stoopid - Everything You Need (ysi)




What I think: Now, I loved Sublime and I'm not diametrically opposed to this kind of music per se (hell, I'll even admit to seeing G. Love & Special Sauce once... at Coachella mind, you... it was early and no one else was playing... and you know what, I didn't hate it), but... these guys kinda stink. Homeless man's, indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Slightly Stoopid is Sublime minus the deceased singer from Sublime. So that's kind of fucked up that you called them the "homeless man's Sublime."