17 June 2008

Rejiggering Jigga

Some people say you can't polish a turd, but today I have proof to the contrary...



I'm guessing you might not have expected to ever see Jay-Z pop up on the ol' blog here, and rightly so. I think the guy is pretty over-rated... if you ask me, The Blueprint is the only album of his worth owning (and maybe the Unplugged, which is comprised mostly of songs from The Blueprint and it's got The Roots as his backing band, so it's pretty tight). But... let the dazzling Daz-I-Kue of Bugz In The Attic get his hands on a track, and then suddenly Hova is worthy of the discerning ears of you, the Tonegents readers! Here, he takes a relatively forgettable track from the not-so-hot Kingdom Come and breathes some Broken Beat fire into it. If only Jay-Z had this kind of production all the time... then I might actually care about him...

Bloodfire vs. Jay-Z - Hollywood (Original Mix) (ysi)




Now that's what I'm talkin' about! There's a whole series of these "Bloodfire" bootlegs... you might want to hunt those down if ya know what's good for ya...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the beat is turd...and if you haven't been able to appreciate Reasonable Doubt, American Gangster or even Beach Chair or Do You Wanna Ride off this album then you need to reassess things...you just dislike hip hop.