02 June 2008

From Zimbo to Kimbo

Saw that Universal Studios fire live and in person (well, from my patio, anyway) on Sunday... pretty wild stuff. I'm sure someone, somewhere was hoping that the flames would wipe out all evidence that Waterworld ever existed, but no such luck...



Let's start June (it's freaking June already? Holy crap!) with some nice Bossa Jazz from Zimbo Trio, another great find courtesy of the mighty Loronix, a site which I will pimp incessantly until each and every one of you have it safely stored in your bookmarks. It's hard to find a lot of info on these guys if you don't read Portuguese, but I guess you don't need to know their individual names or favorite breakfast cereals to appreciate that they make great music and continue to do so to this day... okay, fine, I think I was able to translate that the piano player likes Apple Jacks... happy now?

Zimbo Trio - Zomba (ysi)



This one's long out of print, but I've already told you where to get it and I suggest you do so...

Now, honestly, this track was picked out for today early Saturday morning, long before I randomly flipped my TV over to the MMA matches on CBS that night, which featured internet beatdown king Kimbo Slice... which naturally I had to mention, and for obvious reasons. You might not know this, but for someone who hasn't been in a fight since the 4th grade, I love watching dudes kick the crap out of each other. Anyhoo, Kimbo would have definitely gotten destroyed by someone who knows what they're doing, so wisely for his big primetime debut they put him in there with a big tomato can for him to pound on. A big tomato can who was the proud owner of the most insane cauliflower ear I have ever seen... I mean, dude was smuggling a golf ball inside his earlobe, and this was before the fight even started! And that's what made it either disgustingly awesome or awesomely disgusting... depending on your point of view... watch if you dare...



All I can say is DAAMMMMMMMMN that was nasty. I'm almost sorry for posting it, but the "Zimbo to Kimbo" line was just too good to pass up...

No comments: