25 March 2009

Blog-achella 09: I used my good line for M.I.A. last year...

Technically going out of order today, which of course makes my Virgo molars grind, but hey... I uploaded the wrong song before I left Tonegent H.Q. this morning... sue me...

M.I.A.



Who she is: Amy Winehouse's replacement... pretty nice save by Goldenvoice, there.

What she sounds like: At this point, anyone who doesn't know what M.I.A. sounds like... after Pineapple Express, Slumdog Millionaire and the Grammys... has probably been living under a rock... and not a fancy rock with digital cable... just a plain old rock. Hope they didn't get a sub-prime mortgage on that sucker. Anyhoo, since pretty much every M.I.A. song in existence has been blogged to death, I'm not even gonna worry about coming up with something obscure for ya. So here's my tribute to Slumdog, one of the best movies of the decade. I was stoked that this mix was in the movie...

M.I.A. - Paper Planes (DFA Remix) (ysi)







What I think: I loves me some M.I.A., but who knows how this show will shake out? Her first appearance at the 'Chella some years ago was amazing, electric, legendary. Her show last year was by all accounts a hot mess, trainwreck, clusterfuck. So, let's hope for something in between?



We'll see how it pans out. We finish Saturday tomorrow... huzzah!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fuck me, has this track been done to death or what? Isn't it time she came up with some new material?
Eno remix, bottle of beer remix, DJ twat remix, half-asleep remix, pulling molars remix, tomato harness remix, 36dd remix, Neville chamberlain remix, Halloween pumpkin remix, Gordon Comstock remix, three little pigs remix, stick it up yer arse remix...

ryko25@yahoo.com

Tonegent said...

Hahaha!

That cracked me up :)

Quite curious to check the DJ Twat remix... I hear that guy had DA MADD BEATZ, OMFG! :P

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I am sure you all know about the iPhone 3G finally being unlocked. I am looking to buy one and I want to use my T-Mobile sim card that carries the $29.99 300 min and UNL. N&W Plan. If I use that sim card, will I still get all the features like GPS, internet and texting? Thanks!
[url=http://unlockiphone22.com]unlock iphone[/url] [url=http://www.gratuit-jeux.com/showthread.php?p=101803#post101803]unlock iphone[/url]