26 March 2009

Blog-achella 09: Thieving the headliner spot

Okay, time to finish up the Saturday lineup, and how weak sauce is it that I feel quite obligated by the standards of this blog to skip the headliner? Well, here's your real headliner in my book...

Thievery Corporation



Who they are: The ubiquitous downtempo duo from D.C.

What they sound like: I recently posted on them when their latest album came out, so no use repeating myself. Here's a slightly older jam...

Thievery Corporation - The Supreme Illusion (ysi)







What I think: A few years back at Coachella, I remember having to tear my friends away from an AMAZING show being rocked by these guys in order to catch Underworld (yep, the lineups used to be that good), and while I didn't regret it for a second, did I mention Thievery were AMAZING? Heck, they're even good from the nosebleed section...



Miss this, and you're really, well... stupid. Especially if you miss it for The Killers. Weak headliner. I mean, I love their first album just like everyone else, but hated the second ten times more. Don't even care what the new one sounds like. I know... what a dick.

Two days down, one to go...

No comments: