24 March 2009

Blog-achella 09: The Tom & Ed Show

You know what I just realized? Finally, I don't care about American Idol anymore, and it's about time. I feel like I've graduated from Dr. Drew's Sober House...

We'll start the day by skipping over, but recommending that you give a listen to, a couple of bands from Seattle that operate on the mellow side of things, Fleet Foxes and Band Of Horses. These two bands really do have a lot in common. They should date or something...

And then we won't feel at all bad about telling you to just go ahead and skip TV On The Radio, which I'm sure will have many people calling for my head on a pike. But you know what, I've seen 'em twice and despite the fact that I think they have some good songs... they kinda suck live. First time I saw 'em was at the URB Coachella afterparty a few years back when they followed Danger Mouse to the stage and proceeded to completely kill the vibe with their dirge-y ways. But I considered that more of a programming flaw. Then I saw them open up for Massive Attack at the Hollywood Bowl, and I was ready to like them... I really was. But that night they were no better than a boring Hard Rock band. Go ahead, hate me...

But you'll never, ever hear me say a bad word about...

The Chemical Brothers



Who they are: Tom & Ed.

What they sound like: You know what they sound like...

The Chemical Brothers - Electronic Battle Weapon 05 (ysi)







What I think: The problem is, it's just a DJ set. Bah. I mean, I'm sure it will be great, but when I think Chemical Brothers, I think face-melting live show...



But again, they are The Chemical Brothers and they have better records than you do... so don't miss it.

No comments: