21 October 2013

This. Shit. Cray.

Look, I'll be the first to admit that I'd never heard of Omar Souleyman until learning that my man Kieran Hebden, aka Four Tet was producing his new record. I'm probably not alone in that, much like pretty much anyone who's not from Syria. All I know about Syria is that it's not on the top of my list of vacation destinations. I'm probably not alone in that either. But this seemingly bizarre team-up really brings the heat. Hebden doesn't make Souleyman's music a servant to his beats, but rather just gives the songs an oomph that makes you say "Yeah, this is pretty batshit crazy stuff, but you know what? I can get down." Record of the year contender...



And I've been told that Souleyman was the absolute highlight of this summer's FYF fest in LA. So that. Also, this:

Shuffleupagus Radio Ep. 04 by Shuffleupagus Radio on Mixcloud


It's your weekly love kebab. Don't miss out!

No comments: