04 April 2007

Blog-achella '07 - Teddybears (Sun.) / Tiesto (Sat.)

I can't think of a good lead-in today, so let's get right to it.

Teddybears





Who they are: Swedish dudes who used to be a heavy metal band...

What they sound like: ... but now sound kinda exactly like Fatboy Slim... not that there's anything wrong with that.

Teddybears - Cobrastyle (ft. Mad Cobra)
Teddybears - Soft Machine



What I think: Well, they certainly followed the Fatboy's footsteps, because this song was everywhere, and rightly so... just a great fun jammy. Others I've heard of theirs are very similar, so I'm guessing a fun live act. Bonus points if they play the whole show with the bear heads on. I'm still amazed by Daft Punk's robot helmets from last year!

This song also has a really great video:



---------------------------

Tiesto





Who he is: Mr. Tijs Verwest of The Netherlands, aka "The World's Number One DJ"!!!! Whatever. Is it just me or does he look really gay? Not that there's anything wrong with that either... just sayin'...

What he sounds like: Oh-so-predictable big-room progressive house.

Tiesto - Everything
Tiƫsto



What I think: While I don't have the same amount of bile and vitriol stored up against this guy that I do for Oakensuck, he's not too far away from it. Tiesto can blow me, and having him on the Main Stage is a joke, especially when the tickets this year were swallowed up by KROQ listeners and their ilk. I imagine it will be just like when Assenfold played there and nobody gave a shit. I hope the wind blows his records off the decks. Yeah, I'm catty like that.

No comments: