07 October 2008

By the time I blog to Arizona...

I will have to start today's post by giving a big shout-out to the mysterious and powerful Ninja of Flagstaff, Hokwei. Who's that, you say? I ain't tellin'... I told you he was mysterious, dammit!



One secret that can be revealed about Hokwei is that he loves him some Saul Williams. And I'm not going to disagree with him, because I don't want to get my face ninja'd off. Actually, I'm also not going to disagree with him because I loves me some Saul Williams, too. He uses his poetry slam style to drop some serious knowledge, and his genre-crossing musical tastes are far above the tepid Hip-Hop beats that some similar folks choose. Just check this one out, with bits of classical strings, Drum & Bass beats and some vocals by none other than Esthero, from the period where all she did for like 35 years was occasionally pop up on other people's songs...

Saul Williams - Tao For Now (ft. Esthero) (ysi)




And while we're "droppin' knowledge", another one of Arizona's finest, DJ Z-Trip, has made his new Obama Mix available for free on his website, because he's cool like that. Go get it, turn it up and get psyched for tonight's debate. I think it's going to be more exciting than the first one. And if you wanna make things really exciting, I think the third debate should be held in a steel cage. Not suggesting that they wrestle or anything, I just think it would be interesting to see them debate in a steel cage... don't ya think? Just me? Ah, never mind...

No comments: