16 October 2008

Hip-Hop Car Wash

Today I have for you a track from one of the most criminally slept-on albums of the golden era of Hip-Hop...



I mean, seriously, have you ever heard of this record? Do you ever see it in a list? Has it ever made sweet love to your earholes? I'm guessin' no. The only way I ever found about it was when a friend in college taped it for me. You heard me... taped! (PS. Chris Flam, Google yourself some day, find this, and holla at ya boy!) But how about if I told you that Son Of Bazerk's only record was produced by The Bomb Squad... who, ya know... only like made every Public Enemy track and stuff? And if I told you that the beats on this record may be some of their best work? Then you'd say, I wanna hear that!

Son Of Bazerk - Change The Style (ysi)







Yeah, the song really ends like that... smashes right into the next one... but good stuff, eh? I'd never lie to ya... I'm not a Republican. Oh, and if you wanted to know what Bazerk is up to today, well get ready...



Son of Bazerk... good at rap, bad at child labor laws...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

DAMN RIGHT I knew about Son Of Berzerk!!! I have the CD and still listen to it frequently.

LIFESTYLES OF THE BLACKS IN THE BRICK is one of my favorite tracks of all-time.

Anonymous said...

Great Album! One of the first albums i bought. Long time since I let it spin tough.