14 October 2008

Diggin' the cyber crates

Today's question... surfing the blogs = the new crate digging? Discuss...



Today we get a slice of super-rare funk courtesy the unfuckwiddable Funk Spectrum series... this time from Volume 3, compiled by series curator Keb Darge and the one and only Pete Rock. I mean, this record is so rare you have a better chance of finding a dodo bird... you have a better chance of finding Sarah Palin's brain... you have a better chance of finding a woman who's had sex with Clay Aiken... you have-- okay, I think I've made my point. But that's what these compilations are about, so I guess it's a good thing they're around, eh? So here it is, an uptempo dancefloor bomb...

Charles Pryor & Power Of Love - What They Doing (Funkie Junkie) (ysi)







But going back to my opening... I don't think there's any way you can deny it. Sitting at your computer with a cold beer has replaced being hunched over, flipping through endless boxes of crap CDs or vinyl while smelly guys elbow you on both sides in 98 degree weather at some parking lot sale... and I think we can all agree that's a very good thing... so dig that... get it? Dig? See what I did there?...

Ah, forget it...

No comments: