09 February 2009

Blog-achella 09: The Big Bad Wolf

You know what's good for a laugh? Letting the Indie Rock faithful on the Coachella message boards know about this blog. I've documented the hilarity before... and this Friday the results were even more delightful. Those folks really need to lighten up. I'm suggesting a marathon Weird Al sing-along for starters. "Because I'm fat! I'm fat! You know it! Woo!" I'll even bring punch and pie... anyhoo, I'm sure they'll love this post, too...

White Lies are another one of those British bands who want very badly to be Echo & The Bunnymen. Which is fine. Actually I'd say it's worth a listen... I like Ian Mc-- I mean the whatshisname-the-singer-of-White-Lies' voice... but not a full blog post worth of like...

Also British are Noah & The Whale who play some mildly dreadful Folk-y kinda stuff. But here's the thing about quiet little bands at Coachella... all them mandolins and pretty whistling parts are gonna sound just fantastic with the Sahara Tent bumping away in the background. Anyone for the Unintended Club Remix? Pass...

So who we got today?

Peanut Butter Wolf



Who he is: A quite dandy L.A. DJ who gets large amounts of extra props for being the founder of the excellent Stone's Throw Records.

What he sounds like: Expect lots of good Hip-Hop and Funk. He has only released one album of original material that I know of, My Vinyl Weighs A Ton, which was your typical Hip-Hop "producer" album... meaning he did the beats and a whole bunch of different cats showed up to rap. It was quite good, actually. Here's a track...

Peanut Butter Wolf - Styles Crew Flows Beats (ft. Lootpack) (ysi)







What I think: Much like Craze & Klever, expect PBW to get the party started... with video! Yep, he's doing the V-DJ thing now, which is always good for a larf. Check it out...



BTW, I promise that very soon, there will be a Blog-achella video of something other than a white guy standing behind turntables or a laptop. Seriously, promise...

No comments: