12 August 2009

Chicks dig the low end

Today, one of the most excellently named songs I can think of...



If you believe Interwebs sites such as Bitchfork, the Dub Techno is all the rage these days. And that's all well and good, but I wonder if the kids know about this album here... the one that invented the genre.* Renegade Soundwave weren't even really Techno artists. They were sort of an Industrial/Electronic act somewhere between Meat Beat Manifesto and The Shamen. Except, of course, for this record, in which they invented Dub Techno. So suck on that...

Renegade Soundwave - Women Respond To Bass (ysi)







Here's what they sounded like the rest of the time...



* I have absolutely no information to back up this claim, nor can I be arsed to look for it. But I bet I'm pretty freakin' close to correct. This is from 1990, folks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thank you.

p.s. RSW's "Thunder" still sounds good to this day, imo. If you can post more RSW, that would be really cool.

Anonymous said...

nice track, cheers. I also love their self titled track.