05 August 2009

House Music... Wednesday? WTF?

Since House Music Friday is being pre-empted this week, here's a House song on Wednesday... I hope that doesn't fuck you up too much...



French producer Pepe Bradock has been around for quite some time now and put out a tidy little library of pretty decent stuff, the best track of which, in my humble yet all-knowing opinion was Deep House classic "Deep Burnt", the one that sampled Freddie Hubbard's version of "Little Sunflower". If you don't know that one, find it. I'll wait...

...

...

Dope, huh? Anyhoo, Mr. Bradock, if that is his real name (and it's not) has put out a new collection of his remix work and it's quite tasty. Here, he takes Iz & Diz's Deep House classic (it's a classic kinda day) "Mouth", the one made of all vocal samples & beatboxery, and does his thang...

Iz & Diz - Mouth (Brad Peep's Remix For Friends) (ysi)



(None of the f@#!* Interwebs players want to work today, but you can listen here, if you don't trust me. And really, you should trust me by now.)



Pretty genius, that one. Just listened to it again myself. Still love it. Kinda like if Akufen were a beat-boxer. Word.

No comments: