20 August 2009

Mummy Funk?

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you this week's contender for Worst Band Name in History...



Shahrokh Sound Of K? What. The. Fuck? Kind of sounds like the name of a mummy, doesn't it? Especially if you replaced "Sound" with "Son". Not that you would have a reason to do that, but I think you see my point. Or not. Anyhoo, shitty name. And it belies a real lack of effort on the part of everyone involved, i.e. Shahrokh... okay, that's his name, I get that part... and Andreas Kohler, who sometimes records as Sound of K... but I mean, couldn't you guys have taken 10 extra seconds to think of something less ass-tactular? At least the music's good... has to be to be released on Compost. Kind of the typical Compost mix... funky, vibey, a bit retro/a bit techno... me likey...

Shahrokh Sound Of K - Ilike (ysi)







Mummy Funk could be an interesting genre though... rock some Egyptian vibes in there... the vocals would be shit, though...



... that guy doesn't look like he can carry a tune, what with his being all decomposing for 3700 years and all... actually, he probably sounds like Tom Waits...

No comments: