12 October 2010

You say Knit-zer, I say Night-zer

For the second day in a row, the shuffle gives me a connection to my college years...



Yep, right about the same time I was walking around with a big black phallus in my mouth on a daily basis, I was also regularly participating in another relatively gay pursuit... strapping on my combat boots for Industrial Night at a bar called Buggsy's. At least I think that's what the place was called... it was a long time ago and my mental capacity started rapidly decreasing-- actually it started decreasing probably as soon as I entered college. Anyhoo, yeah, had a big Industrial phase, but I'm cool with it because it was, of course, my gateway drug into Electronica. But still gay. So here's Nitzer Ebb, from the record they got Alan Wilder (Depeche Mode, Recoil) to produce... which made it the least shouty, most melodic (for Nitzer Ebb) work they did. Maybe my favorite song of theirs, which I'm sure hardcore Ebbheads would consider to super duper gay...

... hmm, I probably shouldn't use "gay" like that so much. Sorry, homos!

... shit, that probably wasn't any better...

Nitzer Ebb - I Give To You (ysi)






... and I had this rather clever segue all written in my brain to go to the "Control, I'm Here" vid, but it's not on the YouTubes, so never mind...

(P.S. Tonegents Hearts Gays!)

No comments: