23 April 2009

Motor City (Neo) Soul

Hey all. This first week after Blog-achella has definitely had a head-nodding vibe to it, and today's selection is no different...



Detroit-based singer Dwele is a guy who doesn't get nearly enough love from the mainstream, probably because he's really good. He can sing on his own and everything... he shot an Autotuner once, just to watch it die. He's on criminally under-appreciated album number three now, and if you don't believe me, just read his Wikipedia... it calls Sketches Of A Man a "meticulously (baked) masterpiece of chocolate soul genius". I think I'm gonna write up a Tonegents Wiki, just so it can be officially known that Tonegents is an "brain-fuckingly amazing Rosetta Stone of musical omnipotence and raw sexual tension". Because I can. Wikipedia is cool...

Dwele - Shady (ysi)







Dwele's also been known to hang out with some of the coolest kids on the block (Jazzanova, Bugz In The Attic, Herbert...), and we know that old saying about blah blah blah judging by company you keep something something. I'm paraphrasing...

And I absolutely cannot leave you today without sharing what is now my favorite site on the Interwebs, Look At This Fucking Hipster. It so perfectly sums up my scorn that it deserves... The Slow Clap!



I'm gonna start a slow clap at work right now...

No comments: