28 April 2009

RZA straightens it out

Some sample source fun today... I hope at least some of you get the Interwebs in your Swine Flu (Gaaaaaaah!) shelters....



O.V. Wright was a relatively lesser known but heavily sampled Memphis Soul singer. One of the folks who sampled him was RZA, which is probably why he's on this compilation of tracks sampled by Wu Tang. Took me a while to put that together, but I'm like Sherlock Holmes, yo. And... I don't really have a heck of a lot more to add today, so check it out...

O.V. Wright - Let's Straighten It Out (ysi)







What's that you say? You want to hear what the RZA did with it? Okay, fine... the track was on one of those "Red Hot" compilations... you know, the ones where they hate the AIDS...

Wu-Tang Clan - America (ysi)



Due to the shit nature of this new player I've been using, I can't seem to post two of them in one entry. I hope GoEar starts working again... grrrr... it's a good tune, though, so just download it already. 'Til tomorrow...

No comments: