11 October 2011

Because you want honesty...

...I'm going to admit a couple of things to you here today...



I'm not embarassed to admit that, like most white people, I knew nothing Bootsy Collins until he appeared on Deee-Lite's "Groove Is In The Heart". I have no problem with that whatsoever. But the important thing about information is not how you get it, but what you do with it. Too bad I didn't really "do" anything with that information, but that is a pretty good line, no? I think I got that one from an episode of Bosom Buddies... anyhoo, it was more like when I finally discovered P-Funk, I was like "Hey! It's that dude from 'Groove Is In The Heart'!" I'll bet no one at Pitchfork would admit that. BECAUSE THEY'RE DOUCHEBAG POSERS! And while I'm admitting stuff... the real reason I really love this song is because of the extremely dirty remake N.W.A. did. Google it...

Bootsy Collins - I'd Rather Be With You (ysi)






And just for shits and giggles...



You know, I still love that song AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT! Sing it, baby...

No comments: