22 May 2008

David Cook meets Dr. Dre... possibly gets shot

I'm gonna lose some of my blogger street cred for this, but screw it... I am so psyched David Cook won American Idol last night. That dude is awesome and he's going to be a huge rock star, I guarantee it. Now, that's not too say that he's not going to put out a first album of Idol-producer-approved Nickelback-like crap (which will sell mega copies), but after he gets out of his contract to those people... then he's gonna be okay. If you saw his twist on Mariah Carey, you know what I mean... the guy's got some originality! And there are two other positives to take from it... a) American "voters" actually got one right for a change... maybe they'll get another one right in November and elect my boy Barry... but I'm still scurred... and b) Archuleta losing probably did more damage to the terrorists' cause that the entire Iraq War. We dodged a bullet there, folks. (Actually the breakfast burrito I ate this morning probably did more damage to the terrorists' cause than the Iraq War as well... ZING! Take that, Bush!). Okay, enough of the political humor...



Today, the shuffle lands on some sample-source goodness courtesy of Mr. Leon Haywood. Now Leon was never a big star... more of a session guy. But he did touch the R & B charts a couple of times, and this was his biggest hit. It might sound a bit familiar...

Leon Haywood - I Wanta Do Something Freaky To You (ysi)




Yep, I'm sure Leon got paid way more after Dr. Dre flipped this one than he ever did on its original release... and since I'm in a good mood today, here you go...

Dr. Dre - Nuthin' But A G Thang (ft. Snoop Dogg) (ysi)




I think the Haywood tune should be considered a classic with or without the update... don't you?

No comments: