01 May 2008

Tones of the world unite!

We've got kind of a first around here today...



... that being the first track submitted by a reader to be posted at Tonegents! This comes from my blog-buddy Floorman aka Tony Global (and yes, he does get special consideration for being a fellow Tony) reppin' Nottingham, UK. But this guy is no slouch sitting around in his underwear drinking Miller Lite and diddling around on Reason... you know, like myself... nope, Floorman runs with a cool crowd. Floorman Presents Stack is his tongue-in-cheek "supergroup", and that group includes members of a couple acts already loved by me, Fug and the awesome Crazy Penis! The results are predictably excellent, like this smooth Soul jam here, the kind of stuff that you'd think my man-crush Gilles Peterson would be all over...

Floorman - Closer To Me (ysi)



Buy it from Bocajito Records.

... pretty nice stuff, no doubt. My man also has some killer re-edits and more originals posted up on his blog so make sure you check it out. And hey, if you got some tunes and you want them to be exposed to the literally tens of people that read this blog, hit me up on the Gmail. If I like 'em, I'll post 'em. If I don't, I promise not to publicly ridicule you too badly... :P

No comments: