25 August 2011

Don't be Perplexed

Every once I a while I will drop an attempt at original music on you all and that's cute, I guess... but I have some friends with actual musical talent. To wit...



Perplexa is a long-percolating project of F.o.T. (Friend of Tonegent) John Wald, a drummer whom to listen to you might think had 8 octopus-like tentacles, and Rob, the frontman of West Indian Girl. Now, since this is a friend of mine, I suppose I'll back away from the usual non-sequiter dick jokes (although you may have noticed I couldn't resist the cheesy pun in the post title... I am, after all, only human) and say that if you're into stuff like Mogwai and Explosions In The Sky but maybe wished those acts were a bit more rhythmically spicy, this should be right in your wheelhouse...

Perplexa - Flood






Oh, and if you like cello, you're also in luck. So do they, and it's one of the major elements, along with the drumming, that make this band and record stand out. And hey look! Someone made a video...



Big things are afoot for Perplexa, mark my words (I may some inside information, after all). If you're one of those people who likes to brag about how you knew about this band before everyone else did... well, now you do. Bam...

No comments: