01 March 2012

Blog-achella-geddon 2012!: The guy from that show...

Today, the best comic-turned-rapper since Eddie Murphy put the boogie (and other assorted items) in your butt. But first...

Grouplove's Indie Pop gets no love because I can't stand the guy singer.

Zed's Dead actually produced a Brostep remix of "Knights In White Satin"... you heard me. And they get rewarded with a gig at Coachella. I cannot sigh heavily or derisively enough to express my exasperation with this...

And The Vaccines sound like they listen to a lot of The Smiths, but that's really about the only thing I can say about them other than "meh"...

So how about a "serious" musician?

Childish Gambino



Who he is: Well maybe we can find one of those tomorrow. Because CG is the rapping alter ego of actor/comedian Donald Glover, one funny motherfucker...

What he sounds like: ... but this record is far from a joke. (See what I did there?) It's funny, sure, but this is not comedy rap. It's a real album. A pretty decent one. It is NOT Chunky A...

Childish Gambino - Fire Fly (ysi)






What I think: I think go see it. For one thing, he's probably got better between-song banter than any other act at the show...



There don't even appear to be any stupid shouting hype men. Major bonus points for that.

No comments: